Oxygen plant is designed based on below equipments:
- Air compressor :Axial compressor used for building up the air pressure sucking it from atmosphere through set of shifting filters.
- Refrigeration unit: Air is cooled by counter current oxygen and waste nitrogen streams.
- Moisture separator
- Air purification unit: It consist of adsorbers, regeneration heater, post filters, nitrogen vent silencer and air vent silencer .
- Cold box: It is a box enclosed with main heat exchanger, medium pressure column, low pressure column, expansion turbine, Sub cooler, liquid oxygen circulation pumps, condenser-vaporizer and Liquid oxygen filters (acetylene adsorbers).
- Liquid oxygen storage tank
- Gaseous oxygen storage tank
High production oxygen plants are designed based on the cryogenic system where air is cooled, condensed, separated and purified and stored as liquid oxygen. Atmospheric air is filtered and compressed to high pressures. Moisture is separated as water and compressed air is passed to silica gel adsorbers. The gas is passed to main heat exchangers and passed to turbines for expansion of gas which results to temperature drop below critical temperature and pressure forming liquid mixture and oxygen is collected as liquid oxygen.